25.12.09

Still Writing



After long absence I wanted you to know that I was away from the blog but I wasn’t away from the project as I carry with me a notebook to carry out all the work and exercises I have to do and then copy it here so you can read, comment and learn as well.


So I’ll add all the things I’ve done for the past few days in one entry.

Day 03 18/11/09

Notebooks

Second entry by Paul Magras was about how keeping a notebook with you at all times to help you jot down all the things you think of and all the expressions and ideas that you would wish to use in your writing journey, so after I finished work, though I was tired and drained, ran to Tescos and bought a nice little notebook and nice gel pens so it will make writing more appealing to me.

Day 04 19/11/09

Third entry in the first chapter is called ‘on keeping a diary’ and the author, Nicole Ward Jouve mentioned what diaries have been for her, she said,

Diaries were fore here a source of tactile and visual pleasure, a trusted friend and the beginning of mastering one’s own voice in writing.

Reading this entry reminded me of how I used to keep a diary and I wouldn’t go to sleep with out chatting with my trusted imaginary friend called diary but after marriage and after life’s responsibility I left that friend and I thought I can survive on my own but as a matter of fact I need my diaries more than ever because when responsibilities overload me I just want to let it all out and say whatever I want to say, and there is no one ever that makes me say whatever I want to say without being sarcastice, judgmental or critical but my beloved dairies so in the same notebook I bought yesterday, I’ll revive our old little before bed chats and enjoy the company of my trusted friend again.

Day 05 20/11/09

Clearing some space

We still in the first chapter of the book but this entry by Paul Magras wrote how no one will ever write the same things you do because the voice you have when you write its like a finger print its yours and yours a long, so if even identical twins wrote about the same topic they will write different things using different associations and mentioning varied memories.

Set yourself the following task:

You are going to write a page about each of the following topics, don’t let anything intrude on this exercise. No distractions. Don’t even think about it too deeply or try to make much sense.

Write down (in 5 minutes or so for each topic) what you know about:

1. Garden furniture

2. Marilyn Monroe

3. The earth’s core

4. Eagles

5. Fireworks

Ok for this exercise I’ll make another entry so keep on following my project and if you like, hate or even don’t care about what I do let me know.

1. Garden furniture


I wouldn’t claim that I know anything about garden furniture all I know is that in a garden there should be few chairs, a table, and an umbrella and in my opinion there has to be a rocking chair and a swing.

In a nice sunny day, nothing ever is like reading a book while you are setting down on a comfortable rocking chair and beside you a nice hot cup of tea on the table, and nothing is like playing sound of nature in the mp3 player and taking a nap in the swing.

I think I envy the first man because they didn’t have the unhealthy beds that we sleep on now and causes us all these back pains, I wish I can just go to the jungle and sleep on the swing.

2. Marilyn Monroe

I read an article when I was young about how she committed suicide and how miserable and unhappy she was, it made me think, she was very beautiful, she had money, and she was famous what else did she need to make her happy.

Years after I realised that happiness is not in all these thing, happiness in my opinion is to be in peace with your self and with others, to feel content and blessed with what you have no matter how small it is, a thing that I always fail to do that’s why I often feel unhappy.

What I remember about her is the film Niagara falls, the part when she was running up the tower and tried to make a phone call used to be in an intro of one of my favourite programs that used to come every week.

3. The earth’s core

That seems a pretty hot area, all I know about the earth’s core, or let’s say or what I think is that it’s a big ball of solid material like a metal ball, for me this is the only logical explanation for the earth under my feet so solid.

I know that you might think I’m ignorant or silly but what is down there never interested me, actually it frightens me to think about it, I just like to keep the idea in my mind that earth is solid and flat and that the sun revolves around the earth and not the other way around.

4. Eagles

Beautiful birds, it amazes me how Arabs own them as pets, and you see the big massive Arab man with the eagle on his hand. My husband put Zamzam, our crazy kitten, on his arm and keeps on imagining that she is an eagle.

Eagles are honourable animals, they don’t eat dead animals, and they hunt to eat. The fact that they fly so high makes me want to just be an eagle for a day and experience this awesome feeling of freedom and of seeing the world from a very broad view.

5. Fireworks

I never been o fireworks till I came to London and I went two weeks ago to Fireworks in Blackheath, it was awesome; it was one of the best experiences I had since I came to the country.

We went to this big Blackheath field, it’s like the size of two football field and we watched the fireworks for half an hour. When I was there at one point I felt that its not descending on me rather I’m ascending high to touch the heavens, there were all sorts of shapes and colours, though some think it’s a waste of money but if I had money I will rent the whole field and do the fire works only for me and I will just sleep on my back on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment